10 Tasks All Sellers Can (& Should) Do
Our team is a heavy listing team, meaning we list & sell a lot of homes. There are a few sellers that are a listing agent's dream (Those homes that are few and far between that in the perfect location in the perfect market condition in the perfect home condition). This post is not for you.
This post is for all of the sellers out there that need the truth. Here's a list of what you can do as a seller to get your house sold, and get the most money possible with the least amount of time on the market possible even if you are on a tight budget. These tasks cost little to no money & are doable over time with or without help!
1. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. The floors, the light fixtures, inside your drawers & appliances, everywhere!
2. MAKE YOUR BED.
3. TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE. In all rooms, including the bathroom.
4. LIGHT IT UP. Make sure there are working light bulbs in each fixture (and dust them).
5. ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSETS. It's hard to see how much space a closet has to offer if it's over-cluttered.
6. CLEAN YOUR DRAWERS. Buyers will open your drawers, declutter & clean them out so it's easy to see the space & not get distracted by the clutter.
7. DECLUTTER. You've heard it a thousand times, but it's critical. A buyer needs to be able to picture themselves in the space & it's hard to do that with personal belongings covering each & every wall.
8. WASH YOUR WINDOWS. Ok, this goes under with #1 on this list, but clean windows allow the bright sun to shine in, making your home more inviting.
9. CLEAR THE DECKS. Clean up your deck, patio, porch, driveway, all outdoor spaces.
10. MOW THE LAWN. And clean up the flower beds, trim the hedges, trees & get the exterior of your home looking as good as the interior.
This list is for any size, any location, any type of home out there. And all of these tasks can be accomplished with little or no money! Put your To Do list together today & get working on this list.
So happy cleaning & organizing & then happy selling!
Disclaimer: This list does not take into certain sale-ability factors of the home including location, market conditions, layout or size of a home. Please contact your local agent (or us if you are local) to get a full market analysis based on your exact home